Imperial College London (CO-145)
s The course aims to make students confident in using basic mathematical techniques for later year courses in Computing. The course is co-taught by Mahdi Cheraghchi and Marc Deisenroth.
- Sequences, Series and Power Series (~8 lectures)
- Linear Algebra (~12 lectures)
- Solving Linear Equation Systems
- Linear Mappings
- Basis and Dimension
- Kernel and Nullspace
- Eigenvalues, Eigenvectors, Eigenspaces
- Scalar Products
- Affine Mappings
- Tuesdays, 9:00 – 11:00
- Fridays, 11:00 – 13:00
This year, coursework will be submitted electronically in pdf format. The submission deadline is Friday, 10:00. We provide a LaTeX template for a full electronic submission (preferred), but you can also scan in your hand-written answers.
Coursework template (LaTeX)
Course Support Leader
October 4, 11:00 – 13:00
- Summary of useful mathematical tools (prerequisites, by J Bradley and D de Jager)
- Lecture notes
- Gilbert Strang: Introduction to Linear Algebra. Wellesley-Cambridge Press, 2003.
- Jörg Liesen and Volker Mehrmann: Linear Algebra. Springer, 2015.
- Linear Algebra exercises (by R Beezer, University of Puget Sound)
- Linear Algebra exercises (by J Erdman, Portland State University)
- Linear Algebra notes and exercises (by D Cherney, T Denton, R Thomas and A Waldron, UC Davis)
- LaTeX tutorial 1
- LaTeX tutorial 2
- LaTeX Wiki
- Overleaf: Online LaTeX editor