Currently, we have no direct funding for PhD students. However, there may be some scholarships available through the university. You will have to apply through the general PhD admissions site, and you will also see UCL’s various degree programs.
If you want to get in touch regarding PhD options within the SML group, please send:
- Transcript of records
- Research proposal (approximately 4-8 pages)
- Description of what excites you
- A lay summary (which can be read by someone, who is not from the field) of your research proposal (up to 200 words)
- Literature overview (what do other people currently do in the area you are interested in?)
- A concrete 6-months project you wish to start your PhD with (including timeline)
If you are unsure about your application or have questions, please get in touch. Applications from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
There are a few overseas scholarships available at UCL.
Here is a list of PhD degrees within UCL’s Computer Science department.
- Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow at the intersection of machine learning and climate science
- Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow at the intersection of machine learning and robotics
If you want to propose a collaboration based on an externally-funded post-doctoral scholarship, please get in touch. Here are some potential funding schemes:
- Marie-Curie Fellowship
- EPSRC Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Newton International Fellowship (for researchers not based in the UK)
- Royal Society Fellowships for researchers from North America and Asia
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellowship
- Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship